A Brief Update

Today marks the two year anniversary of my last day as a retail manager. Two years!

It seems crazy to think of everything that has happened in the past two years since I left the store — crazy to think of how much I’ve grown as a person and how many amazing things we have experienced as a couple.

We’ve traveled across the country and have experienced some pretty amazing things. We have found out more about our hobbies and interests. And I have finally become a published writer and have learned more about where I want to go on that path.

We’ve spent the past week enjoying the nice weather and outdoor activities, while also talking about some plans for the future.

Having the generator fixed has taken a weight off our shoulders. We didn’t really use it the first time around on the road but our tentative future route would be much easier if it is an option — and now it is.

We’ve talked about selling the Jeep and finding a new vehicle for when we get back on the road. We test drove a few options but we have ultimately decided…we are going to keep the Jeep!


I am excited for this for many reasons. The main ones being:

  • We already have it so we don’t need to go on a vehicle search.
  • We know everything about it.
  • We know it travels well behind the RV.

Also, I love it. For all its faults, it is a nice vehicle to bring on the road.

Once we get closer to leaving, we plan on selling the car.


For now, we will hang onto it because it is a lot cheaper and easier to drive.

We haven’t gotten very far in planning our next steps, but I am happy that this decision has been made!

Other than that, we’ve been busy with work — and play!

We took another trip down to La Jolla for a snorkel adventure. This time, we went with our friend Tara and some of her family.

Getting ready to hit the water!


It was a beautiful day — the sun was shining and the water felt amazing.

We got lucky and had an even better shark experience than last Monday!

They were moving all over the place. When we first got down to the water, I was worried they had moved on. But we soon found a large group of them.


It seemed like they came in waves. We’d see a couple of them and then, all of a sudden, there would be a large mass of them swimming through.

It was really amazing.

At one point, while I was floating very still on the surface, I had about 15 of them swimming beneath me.

I can’t describe the feeling — it was just wonderful. Watching them glide gracefully through the water was mesmerizing.


Andy and I stood in shallow water for a little bit and watched the black mass of leopard sharks. There were easily more than 100 of them in a small area at one point — and certainly hundreds of them in the area in total.


I kept trying and failing to photograph the large, black mass.

It was hard to find the motivation to leave. I could have floated there for the rest of the day watching them swim around.

Not a lot of other big news for the Wandering Dolphin crew. Andy fixed both of our bikes so I am able to bike to work again, and we are both having fun riding around town to do our errands.

Both of our bikes had flat tires.

I realize I haven’t written much about our other family members. The cats and Pica have been doing well and enjoying the nicer weather. Piper and Teddy, like always, are happy to be involved in whatever we are doing.

It is supposed to warm up later this week. I am not sure what that will mean for our upcoming adventures but I am hoping to find something new and exciting!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s